The healthcare cloud has been rapidly growing and becoming an ever-more-important element of health and information technology that is popularly known as the HIT. Many reasons specify the reasons by which HIT cloud has been becoming more prominent in the fields of research, collaboration and development.
As the cloud technology has been rapidly expanding, this may be a good time to ensure security in relation to Health care.
1. Need for Health care cloud:
Advancements in the field of medicine with reference to cloud technology has the largest growth in the current years, where the market is experiencing growth at 18 percent CAGR from 2018 to 2023.
The reasons why cloud has been becoming a more common IT strategy in the healthcare sector are listed below:
• Healthcare Research & Development
• Less investment
The reasons specified above in relation to healthcare providers, plans and execute the latest technologies with the application of cloud.
2. Importance of Security in Healthcare Management:
The strengths of the cloud probably are compelling to organizations ensuring security as a key concern especially in the issues regarding where critical data of the organisations is established within the industry
3. Factors Influencing Healthcare Security
Keeping in view to keep the healthcare cloud secure especially for electronic protected health information you are supposed to take technical steps such as encrypting such critical data to the cloud that may be in transit or rest and keep monitoring and logging all access and usage;
The following steps must be ensured to achieve Healthcare Security
• Strong business associate agreements must be employed
• Disaster recovery and upgrades must be focussed regularly
• Perform routine risk assessments
• Prioritize training
4. Strong Security must be established.
These following steps must be approached to enhance security that many healthcare organizations either have been considering or already have implemented:
• Automate the cloud servers and security
• Leverage AI threat intelligence
• Infrastructure must be monitored on a timely basis
• Address the IoT regularly