With the 7-Eleven buzzing around the internet for accepting Apple Pay, and Google Pay at participating in U.S. stores. Now, the stores will add support for the services throughout the month. For your knowledge, yes. Apple Pay works with all iPhone models going back to the SE (successor to the iPhone 5s), also considering Apple Watch in the plan. With 7-Eleven already having a number of other mobile payment options available, including Samsung Pay, the convenience store chain has more than 66,000 stores in 17 countries worldwide with 11,800 alone in the United States.
“7-Eleven is always a ‘hit-and-get’ experience,” noted Michael Jude, program manager at Stratecast/Frost & Sullivan. “The faster the transaction, the better,” he added to CRM Buyer, “with a little extra speed over a credit card will be more attractive, but I bet not for many people.”
With 7-Eleven has introduced other digital innovations during the past few years:
• 7-Eleven NOW, is a proprietary smartphone app currently being turned out in select U.S. markets, lets consumers order products on demand. It also offers Apple Pay as a payment option.
• 7Rewards, an app-based customer loyalty program, lets consumers earn and redeem points and also offers an assortment of customer experiences in and out store.
• 7-Eleven Bot on Facebook Messenger allows consumers to chat with a customer service bot of Facebook.
• Amazon tie-ins, including Amazon Locker in-store package pickup service, available in about 1,100 7-Eleven stores including Amazon Cash, used at more than 8,000 stores in the chain.
• PayNearMe’svBillPay, an app that allows cash users to pay various bills at participating 7-Eleven stores.
The main motto is to implement consumer-facing technology with behind-the-scenes technologies to ensure seamless and effortless interactions, to enhance the customer experience, stated Gurmeet Singh, CDO and CIO of 7-Eleven.