Custom Alarm, a Rochester, Minnesota-based local connected security and surveillance solution provider, as per recent reports, has renewed its TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center designation.
The Minnesota-based local security solution provider operates its own UL-Listed central station and is specialized in fire alarm, intrusion, video surveillance, access control, and home automation systems.
The Five Diamond designation, which is administered annually by The Monitoring Association, tests monitoring centers based on “five points of excellence”:
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having all monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
A monitoring company, designated the TMA Five Diamond designation by The Monitoring Association, means the company, in particular, has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility towards their local community and customers, by investing a great chunk of time, money, and commitment to quality operator training.
The Five Diamond designation also entrusts each operator to show a deep sense of knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including cellular, radio and Internet communication systems. In addition, the operators must also have a deep sense of understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations like the UL, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), to name a few among others.