Digi International, a Minnetonka, Minnesota-based M2M communications and technology company, in a recent press release statement on Monday, Mar. 5th 2019, introduced the Digi Remote Manager (DRM), an IoT device management platform. The platform enables network operators, engineers, and administrators with all necessary capabilities to effectively manage, i.e. monitor, upgrade, and control, connected hardware leveraging LTE cellular network connectivity, while also supporting integration with additional tools for network management and productivity.
The recent addition to the DRM platform includes a comprehensive set of connectivity tools and networking features, as well as analytics and edge computing capabilities, providing an eagle eye visibility to IoT solutions managers, who further can determine the operating status and location of all the remote digital assets quickly and easily. Furthermore, the platform attracts enterprise network managers and service providers with its security and networking best practices into a single IoT management solution.
The standard features of the DRM platform are:
- In-band and out-of-band command and control of managed devices
- Over the Air (OTA) firmware updates, which includes configurations and edge computing software updates for managed devices
- Clear Visibility and complete control over edge network devices (ZigBee and other radio frequency devices)
- Bi-directional access and control of managed devices and edge compute application logic
- Automated device configuration during installation
- Periodic compliance checks of devices
- Advanced enterprise routing + carrier, WAN (Wide-area network) & LAN (Local Area Network) analytics
- Advanced VPN (Virtual private network) and tunneling + remote LAN device management
- Python based edge computing capability