SANTA MONICA, Calif — Headspace, a global leader in mindfulness and meditation, today announced a worldwide community challenge to benefit Mind, a mental health charity that provides advice and support to anyone experiencing a mental health problem, in support of Mental Health Awareness Month and World Meditation Day on May 15.
Headspace is one of the leading players in the meditation category committed to advancing the field of mindfulness meditation through clinically-validated research. With one of the largest research pipelines of any digital health and wellness company, Headspace has been shown to reduce negative emotions by 28 percent, increase resilience by 11 percent, reduce stress, and improve satisfaction with life.
“Since its inception, Headspace’s mission has been to improve the health and happiness of the world,” said Rich Pierson, CEO and Co-Founder of Headspace. “By partnering with Mind to celebrate Mental Health Awareness Month, we are hoping to further advance the conversation around mental health and improve access to as many tools for as many people around the world as possible.”
Headspace members will automatically participate anytime they engage with content within the Headspace app, logging minutes of either guided meditation or non-meditation content such as Audio Guided Runs or Sleep by Headspace. At the end of May, Headspace will donate one thousand dollars to Mind for every million minutes spent with Headspace, up to one million dollars.
Paul Farmer, Chief Executive of Mind, said: “We are delighted to partner with Headspace. The partnership will help us to reach a point where anyone with a mental health problem feels able to ask for, and access, the help they need. Money raised will fund our vital work including our Mind Infoline, information and advice services, and our campaigning to ensure everyone who has a mental health problem gets support and respect.”
In addition to the Billion Minute Meditation Challenge, Headspace has also launched “Living Mindfully,” a new featured collection of meditation content designed to infuse more mindfulness into everyday life with guided meditations on topics such as:
- Life, to help members better connect to themselves and the world around them
- Work, to find better ways to cope with workplace stressors
- Finding Balance, to remind members to breathe, reset and renew
The featured collection demonstrates Headspace’s commitment to providing members with curated content to strengthen their meditation practice. For non-paying subscribers, Headspace offers daily sessions around a different theme, allowing everyone to improve their meditation practice.
For more information, visit the Headspace website at www.headspace.com.
Headspace was created with one mission in mind: to improve the health and happiness of the world. To help us achieve our mission, we aim to inspire, guide and support our members every step of their meditation and mindfulness journey, reaching more than 45 million users in 190 countries. Headspace is one of the leading players in the meditation category committed to advancing the field of mindfulness meditation through clinically-validated research. The company also operates a B2B business to offer its meditation products and services to more than 350 companies, such as Google and LinkedIn, to help them build healthier, more productive cultures and higher performing organizations. Headspace’s partnerships team has forged robust relationships with many of the world’s most recognizable brands, including Apple, Amazon, Google, Nike, NBA and more. In 2018, Headspace was featured as part of Apple’s #Bestof2018: trends of the year on the AppStore. Headspace was also named one of Amazon Alexa’s best health and wellness skills of 2018. Headspace was also selected for five Webby Awards in the health and fitness categories between 2018 and 2019. For more information please visit us at www.headspace.com, or follow us on facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Mind, the mental health charity, provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. They won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. mind.org.uk
- Please note that Mind is not an acronym and should be set in title case.
- Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday)
- Contact Mind’s Media Team for interviews or further information on 0208 522 1743. For out of hours support, call 07850 788 514 or email email@example.com.
- To access a range of free images to accompany mental health news stories, visit: time-to-change.org.uk/getthepicture. These images have been developed by Time to Change, the campaign to change how we all think and act about mental health problems. Time to Change is led by the charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, and funded by the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.