MetroPlus, NYC’s Public Option, is the low-cost, high-quality health insurance component of NYC’s Guaranteed Health Care plan to ensure coverage for all New Yorkers
NEW YORK — As part of Mayor de Blasio’s Guaranteed Health Care for All, MetroPlus Health Plan today announced the launch of its latest public awareness campaign, “Health Care is Your Right. Not a Privilege.” The campaign will be seen through the end of June on subway cars, bus shelters near NYC/Health + Hospitals, ethnic and community-based print media, and featured at other venues across New York City, including Brooklyn Cyclones games. The ads will be available in eight languages, including English, Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, French Creole, Polish and Russian. The five-star rated health plan is the health insurance plan of the NYC Health + Hospitals and growing its membership is part of the public health system’s comprehensive, multi-year redesign to build a competitive, sustainable organization that will continue to offer high-quality and accessible health care to the people of New York City.
“In New York City, we believe that health care is a right and not privilege, which is why we encourage all New Yorkers to look at the myriad of insurance options offered through MetroPlus,” said Mitchell Katz, MD, President and CEO, NYC Health + Hospitals. “MetroPlus is New York City’s hometown insurance, and the plan of choice of more than half a million New Yorkers.”
“Since 1985,” said Roger Milliner, Chief Growth Officer of MetroPlus, “our health plan has been providing coverage to all eligible New Yorkers, regardless of their situation. We are proud of the five-star, quality health care we provide, and look forward to insuring as many New Yorkers as possible. At MetroPlus, we welcome everyone.”
In January, Mayor de Blasio announced NYC Guaranteed Health Care for All New Yorkers. The “Health Care is Your Right. Not a Privilege.” campaign, highlights the availability of primary, specialty, and other health care services offered through MetroPlus programs at low or no cost.
MetroPlus offers eligible New Yorkers a wide selection of health insurance options, with affordable fees and copays based on income and family size. The most popular plans include:
- Medicaid– low or no cost plan for low income children and adults up to 64 years old
- Medicare– low or no cost plan for adults 65 years old and above
- Child Health Plus– low or no cost plan for children under 19 regardless of immigration status
- Essential Plan– for adults 19-64 years old not eligible for Medicaid, offering monthly premiums of $0 – $20 based on income
- Qualified Health Plan – for eligible New York City residents, offering cost share reductions that lower significantly out of pocket costs
- Partnership in Care (HIV Special Needs Plan) –for children and adults who are New York City, Medicaid-eligible residents living with HIV/AIDS, are Homeless or Transgender
- MetroPlus Gold – for New York City employees and their families, with no premiums, no copays, no deductibles.
MetroPlus also offers special membership benefits that include:
- Gym Reimbursement – members of select plans and their spouses can save up to $1,000 in gym fees every year
- Member Rewards program – members can earn points for completing health and wellness activities and redeem them for hundreds of popular items from our catalogue
- Annual Wellness Visits – annual exam that helps members and their doctors work on their individual care.
MetroPlus earned an overall rating of five stars, the highest possible score, in the New York State Department of Health’s recently released “2018 Consumer’s Guide to Medicaid and Child Health Plus Managed Care Plans in New York City.” The State’s guide is an annual rating of managed care plans on quality of care delivered and members’ satisfaction with the care and services they receive. MetroPlus is one of only two plans serving New York City to achieve the highest state rating this year.
About MetroPlus Health Plan
Since 1985, MetroPlus Health Plan has built a reputation for providing access to affordable, quality health care to residents of Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. A wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the nation’s largest public health system, MetroPlus is the plan of choice for over half a million New Yorkers. The health plan’s robust network of primary care doctors and specialists includes many independent community providers. Culturally sensitive, and fluent in more than 40 languages, MetroPlus staff is as diverse as the great city it serves. For more information about MetroPlus plans, benefits, and services, visit www.metroplus.org and join the conversation at facebook.com/metroplushealth and twitter @metroplushealth.